Suggest treatment for Oak tree mite infestation on arms, face, scalp, shoulders
Avoid by being bitten, calamine lotion, oral antihistamine
Welcome to HCM
I have gone through your query.
Presently what are your symptoms - itching, rash etc.
It need to be examined and confirmed, before treatment. In case there is rash or bite mark, kindly upload the picture, for better assessment.
The first, best measure is to avoid being bitten. That means avoiding stands of oak trees. Covering up while outdoors and laundering clothes and showering immediately after going inside is another way to avoid bites. The mites might remain on your body or in your clothes for hours before they bite.
The bite is itchy and can be become painful but is not a problem unless secondary infection occurs. So avoid scratching, if you have.
Apply calamine lotion with alovera to the affected part, it will have soothing effect. In case of itching you can use over the counter oral antihistamine like ceterizine.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Straw itch mites infestation
- Rectal mite infestation
- Treatment and cure for mite infestation
- Diagnosis of mite infestation
- Suggest treatment for inflamed pink scalp
- Symptoms of mite infestation
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Drugs/medication for mite infestation
- Mite infestation causes
- Suggest treatment for chronic scalp folliculitis