Suggest treatment for Dupuytren's contracture

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Fri, 10 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have trigger finger in middle and ring fingers. Dr. Wants to operate on dupueytren. Is this necessary
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Will most certainly help you a lot,but it is entirely your decision to make

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. It is not mandatory to get Dupuytren's operated, but it will most certainly help in relieving certain percentage of your symptoms and in most cases almost all your symptoms.

It will only help in improving the quality of life, but if you do not wish to do so, and do not suffer any handicap due to the Dupuytren's, then it is entirely your choice not to go ahead with the surgery.

But from my experience, 99% of individuals who undergo surgery find relief from 70-100 %. I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T