Can a trigger finger affect more than one finger?

Posted on Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Can trigger finger affect more than one finger at any one time? Three fingers on my left hand bother me. It started with the middle finger and is now in the middle finger through the pinky finger. Sometimes after periods of rest I have to straighten the fingers with my other hand (Or bend them depending on how my fingers were at rest). All are sore at the base of the fingers. There is also a lump in the first joint from the tip of the middle finger that is painful.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can affect multiple fingers.

Detailed Answer:
Trigger finger can affect multiple fingers at a time. This is due to an inflammation in the tendon sheath. It can be associated with a lump or a local swelling. Do get it examined by an orthopedician for a specific treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon