Suggest medication for inflammation from arthritis

Posted on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 in Lupus
Question: I have lupus anticoagulant and sjogrens
So i have alot of arthritis for whivh i take celebrex bid. My hands are very stiff and i take plaquenil- now have trigger finger each hand. Ate there anybothet meds to control the inflammation?
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Arthritis

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Thank you for writing on health care magic

Well I would like to ask a few more details as I feel the treatment you are taking for arthritis is still.not enough

1. do you experience swelling in the joints as well

2. Is there any early morning stiffness as well?

3. how are the dry eyes and dry mouth?

4. did you ever take steroids or any other drug for arthritis part

Do let me know these queries

Would guide you further from here

Dr naval
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Naval Mendiratta 2 hours later
Thank you for responding. I do have swelling in my hands in my joints and I believe in my right knee. I have arthritis everywhere my back my feet my shoulders my elbows my hands of been particularly bad. My rheumatologist will not give me steroids for whatever reason. I agree I don't feel I am on the right medication for my symptoms it's very difficult to find someone to listen to get the medication correct. My eyes are very dry I've had plugs three different times and they keep falling out. So I'm currently using I gels and eyedrops. I do havedry mouth also I am using Biotene and I take EVoxac.any direction you can give me as far as who I should see her what kind of treatment options I should pursue would be greatly appreciated. I am just so tired of my my knee being painful and the all over aches and pains from arthritis
Answered by Dr. Naval Mendiratta 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Further course

Detailed Answer:
Good evening

Well with sjogrens syndrome you do need a low dose steroids to help control the inflammation especially if your symptoms if dry eyes and mouth are so bad along with arthritis.Celecoxib.is definitely not the option here at all.Long use of painkillers will harm you more

With sjogrens it is always difficult to.predict if all the pains and aches are being caused by it or by another disease called fibromyalgia...So I am not sure what your physisician has observed and doesn't want to start...I would suggest seek an appointment with rheumatologist at the earliest

Also if you can attach the blood test it would be helpful in predicting the inflammation going on

1. cbc
2. esr
3. CRP
4.Liver function test
5. Renal function test

Do let me know for more queries

Dr naval
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist