question-icon

Suggest treatment for COPD and dizzy spells

Posted on Tue, 26 May 2015
Question: I have CO.P.D and i get some dizzy spells that just hit all of a sudden at last just a second,have had this for years
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
3 psssibilities

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of 3 possible causes -
1. A complication of COPD. The reduced oxygen content in the body can cause loss of SensoriIUm. However this would usually come slowly.
2. A sudden loss of conciousness is more suggestive of a cardiac condition like arrhythmia and you need to test with a Holter.
3. It can be cause by a neurological condition - TIA or seizure and you should test with a cv doppler, mri and eeg.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist