Suggest the ideal dosage of Robaxin

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: is it safe to take 1,500 miligrams of ROBAXIN at once? the direction said yes prescriber said yes .... pharmacist said NO... I am on Lamictal klonopin keppra. ... 300 b.i.d of Lamictal. on klonopin 0.5 in AM and 1mg of klonopin at night
SEROQUEL 100 PRN SLEEP I'm really confused on if it's safe to take 1,500 miligrams of ROBAXIN at once
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be taken.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I understand your concern.
Roxaban can be orally taken 1500 mg four times a day for the first 48 to 72 hours, up to a maximum dosage of 8 g/day for severe symptoms.
However the dosage can vary from person to person based on the indication.
In general 1500 mg can be taken at one time via oral route.
Please share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.
I hope it helps you.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
after 2 or 3 days are you saying decrease to 1 tab? This prescriber was an emergency room physician. Thats why I asked please refer back it is PRN- OR AS NEEDED
Brief Answer:
1500 Mg can be taken as single dosage but should be avoided

Detailed Answer:
The usual dosage that we prescribe for muscular spasm is three tablets of 500 mg or two tablets of 750 mg that becomes a total dose of 1500 mg, that can be taken four times a day. Later the dosage is reduced based on your relief.

I usually prefer to give 500 mg thrice daily initially to avoid the adverse effects of the drugs.

I usually prescribe Serequel 100 PRN at night only.

Good Luck.