Suggest the best laser treatment for removing injury marks on the hand

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i have some injury marks on my hand...which i wana treat with some laser treatment,,,please guide...i dont wana go for plastic surgery...
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image

Detailed Answer:
Hell. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar(dermatologist). I have gone through your query and i have noted your concern.

I request you to kindly upload an image of the area of concern in "Reports Section"

Follow up: Dr. Kakkar S. 17 minutes later
i have uploaded the image..let me know if yu can see the image or not
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
intralesional triamcinolone followed by CO2 Laser resurfacing

Detailed Answer:
Thank you.

I have reviewed the images. They seem to be raised scars, probably firm to hard on palpation i.e keloid/hypertrophic scars. Hypertrophic/ keloid scars are commonly due to excess collagen deposition during the wound reparative process.

I would suggest intralesional injection ( i.e into the raised portion) with 40mg/ml of triamcinolone acetonide. This would flatten and improve cosmetic appearance of the scar by degrading excess collagen however no procedure can completely erase a scar, not even plastic surgery. Once the scar flattens you may opt gor a few sessions of fractional CO2 laser resurfacing to further improve the final cosmetic appearance.

You need to visit a dermatologist in your vicinity for the needful