Suggest some steps to reduce weight

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Hi Doctor,
My Height: 173cm, weight: 78kg. I know its over weight. I am doing 20mins running every day and 10mins of exercise for last 2.5 months, but also no result in weight loss.
Also every month 5 to 10days i am working in night shift, once i am working in night shift i feel that i am putting more weight. Regarding foods, i wont eat more, i used to eat normal. Please suggest me that are the steps i should take to reduce my weight. Your inputs are highly important for my life.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
I understand your anxiety.
You are only slightly overweight.
It is good to know your diet and exercise pattern.
It is only 2.5 months of your exercise schedule and so it is highly important that you continue without gap.
Try to increase the duration of exercise, try to cut down your diet/ calories even further- for example trying a small burger/ coke instead of large ones - these should make a difference.
Medicines are not required if you are otherwise healthy.
Hope this helps. Kindly write back for doubts if any-
DR GS
Follow up: Dr. G.Srinivasan 8 minutes later
Thanks Doctor for your valuable comments.
It would be very helpful, if you suggest what type of exercise that i can do to reduce my weight. Because exercise which i am doing are not as per any plan or suggestions from any one. I just saw some videos and doing. Also while in night shift duration, my weight is increasing little more, also i am facing some health problem like motion is not going freely, and rest less some times head pain. Can you please address this problem with your suggestions/ solutions. What type of preventive action i should take while in my night shift working time.

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Hi
Welcome back.

Weight reduction.

1. Try to double your exercise time and halve the diet intake.
2. Enrollment in a yoga center will go a long way.
3. Try to avoid junk foods esp at night shifts.

Bowels.

1. Try to increase fresh fruits and veg in diet.
2. Increase water intake by taking enough before thirst appears.

Hope this helps.
DR GS