question-icon

Suggest remedy for stiffness and muscle aches in the thighs, arms and neck

Posted on Thu, 14 May 2015
Question: I am 67 years old, I am having problems with muscle ache in my back thighs arms and neck, I sometimes wake up at night in pain it feels like extreme stiffness.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Muscles pain can be due to vitamin deficiencies

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using healthcaremagic. Pain in muscles can be due to following causes.
1.Low serum B 12
2.Vitamin D deficiency
3.It is common in Diabetes, thyroid problems.
Before I advised you any thing I would like to know little detail of your illness.
1.Since when you are having these symptoms?
2.Are you a smoker or taking any medicines since long time?
3.Did you also have pain during day time?
Please send me answers of these questions. I will try my best to help yu.
thanks
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma (32 minutes later)
I had the symptoms about 8 weeks. I gave up smoking 5 or 6 years ago. yes I get pain in the daytime and it hurts to walk sometimes.
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
You need to take vitamin B 12

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for replying. I believe that you are most probably having B 12 deficiency. I would recommend you following.
1.Tablet Pregabalin M one daily at night time.
2.Regular calcium and vitamin D3
3.Improve salt intake in diet.
I hope these vitamins will help in this pain. You need to discuss with your doctor before taking it. I hope these steps will be helpful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement