Suggest remedy for sore buttocks

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I am a 00 year old woman in good health, however I have a very humiliating problem! For years I have had haemarroids on and off but the biggest issue was an anal fistula that required surgery. That was about 7 years ago and i really haven't had any problems since until a few weeks ago! It started with a thrombozed Hemm but since then my bum i still sore and I now have a clear discharge leaking from my bottom. I feel like I'm wet all the time down there but I'm not in pain
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fistula (most likely), fissure, or incontinence (least likely)

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. With your given history the chances of a fistula recurrence is quite possible, because of the clear discharge from the anal region. But without a clear physical examination and investigation of the region I cannot put forward a sure shot accurate diagnosis, I hope you understand why. I shall either way go ahead with listing the most likely causes for the presentation you are experiencing:

+Anal fistula
+Anal fissure (tear in or around the anal sphincter)
+Fecal incontinence: Inability of the anal sphincter to function adequately enough to completely close, thus resulting in a leakage (but in this condition, there will be leakage of fecal matter as well)

My advise and suggestion would be to get checked once again ma'am. I am sure your doctor will be able to help you to find the cause, establish a diagnosis and help treat your symptoms to help you avoid such a presentation.

I also hope you find my response helpful. Please do not hesitate to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.

Best wishes.