Suggest remedy for sensitivity post circumcision

Dr. Raju A.T

Posted on Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Question: I was circumcised. I HV got over sensitivity problem on my penis, where frenulum joins the skin, on bottom side of penis. Once while shaving, a small potion got cut where frenulum joins the red skin and the new skin developed there has become rough ( say like minute burrs / projections, compared to smooth and less sensitive adjacent skin) and sensitive for touch, always irritating sensation, feels like warm/hot there. While in sex, that sensation is leading to PE within seconds. But when I apply xylocain 5% or delay sprays, just on that area, I could last for long time.

What is the permanent solution to overcome this problem... Any madicene to make that small portion permanently numb/kill sensitivity...or any treatment available....whether cut that portion and join the adjacent skin and stitch will solve?.

Please help? This is killing my confidence levels on bed and using cream/sparays timely is not convenient.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Give it time

Detailed Answer:

There could be a scar tissue developed with lot of neural elements which made the part sensitive.

Need not worry such part's sensitivity get reduced over time duration, which could be a year or two.

Surgery can solve the problem but cant assure you on the same.

I am afraid there are no medication which can alleviate the sensitivity other than a local anesthetic gel.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Thank I for reply. But as u said, over a period of time, i hv noticed that sensation is increasing and becoming more uncomfortable. Other than local temporary numbing creams, can u suggest any other way to come out of this problem to a great extent. Only that about 5mm area is making me to collapse. If any drug to make is less sensitive for ever... Or should I see some urologist or neurologist and what solution should I ask for? Plz guide me.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It does comes down over time

Detailed Answer:

Yes, it does become less sensitive over coming days for sure. It may display increment in the beginning but later after some point it starts getting less sensitive. This is a common entity.

You can also opt for a surgery and you may have to consult a Urologist for the same. A chemical cauterization can also serve the purpose without a surgery.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 16 minutes later
Thank u for immediate reply. Can u plz explain what is chemical cauterization and what I need to do. Plz advise.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chemical cauterization

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Chemical cauterization is a procedure wherein a chemical which destroys the tissues is applied to the unwanted or over sensitive tissue. This will reduce the sensation of the irritation cause by the growth or the tissue.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

regards,