Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest remedy for sensitivity post circumcision

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I was circumcised. I HV got over sensitivity problem on my penis, where frenulum joins the skin, on bottom side of penis. Once while shaving, a small potion got cut where frenulum joins the red skin and the new skin developed there has become rough ( say like minute burrs / projections, compared to smooth and less sensitive adjacent skin) and sensitive for touch, always irritating sensation, feels like warm/hot there. While in sex, that sensation is leading to PE within seconds. But when I apply xylocain 5% or delay sprays, just on that area, I could last for long time.

What is the permanent solution to overcome this problem... Any madicene to make that small portion permanently numb/kill sensitivity...or any treatment available....whether cut that portion and join the adjacent skin and stitch will solve?.

Please help? This is killing my confidence levels on bed and using cream/sparays timely is not convenient.
Posted Sat, 9 Aug 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Give it time

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

There could be a scar tissue developed with lot of neural elements which made the part sensitive.

Need not worry such part's sensitivity get reduced over time duration, which could be a year or two.

Surgery can solve the problem but cant assure you on the same.

I am afraid there are no medication which can alleviate the sensitivity other than a local anesthetic gel.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for sensitivity post circumcision 7 hours later
Thank I for reply. But as u said, over a period of time, i hv noticed that sensation is increasing and becoming more uncomfortable. Other than local temporary numbing creams, can u suggest any other way to come out of this problem to a great extent. Only that about 5mm area is making me to collapse. If any drug to make is less sensitive for ever... Or should I see some urologist or neurologist and what solution should I ask for? Plz guide me.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It does comes down over time

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

Yes, it does become less sensitive over coming days for sure. It may display increment in the beginning but later after some point it starts getting less sensitive. This is a common entity.

You can also opt for a surgery and you may have to consult a Urologist for the same. A chemical cauterization can also serve the purpose without a surgery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for sensitivity post circumcision 16 minutes later
Thank u for immediate reply. Can u plz explain what is chemical cauterization and what I need to do. Plz advise.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chemical cauterization

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Chemical cauterization is a procedure wherein a chemical which destroys the tissues is applied to the unwanted or over sensitive tissue. This will reduce the sensation of the irritation cause by the growth or the tissue.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor