Suggest remedy for recurring diarrhea
Likely sequelae of RA & Felty. Could be IBD or IBS. Symptomatic Rx
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Recurrent diarrhea at a frequency of every 2nd or 3rd week with one day duration with history of CHF, hypothyroidism, Rheumatoid arthritis and felty syndrome is likely an autoimmune manifestation of Inflammatory bowel disease , a common sequelae in any rheumatological illness.
Also age related functional decline of the bowel like IBS can also explain it. You may either get it evaluated by a colonoscopy, colonic transit studies etc but i believe at the age of 80 these work up won't help unless the symptoms worsen and blood start coming out or frequency increases.
Till then symptomatic treatment like antidiarrheal as loperamide, diet and lifestyle modifications like BRAT diet ( banana , rice , applesauce and toast) , pomegranate juices and green tea with more fiber and fluids intake, eating small frequent meals, avoiding triggers like spices, alcohol stimulants, fatty and processed meals, dairy products etc will help the bowel symptoms.
Talk to a gastroenterologist if the symptoms persist. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and don't forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recurring nausea and diarrhea
- Stomach pain and diarrhea remedies
- What is the remedy for diarrhea and dizziness
- Remedy for antibiotic induced diarrhea
- Natural remedies for baby diarrhea
- Recurring diarrhea taking metronidazole suggestions
- What is the remedy for fever and diarrhea
- Toddler diarrhea recurring fever
- Bile salt diarrhea remedies
- Remedies for gas and diarrhea