Suggest remedy for excessive burping in an elderly person
If it's only burping then there is no serious concern
burping means that excessive gas is present in the stomach. This may happen due to fast eating, gum chewing, drinking carbonated refreshments, etc Other potential reasons include antacid use, infection with giardia lamblia (causes diarrheal disease) and indigestion-dyspepsia. Patients with indigestion may voluntarily swallow air because burping makes them feel better. Indigestion can be caused by various conditions like diabetes mellitus (slow gastric emptying), heart failure (reduced functioning of the gastrointestinal system) etc
So if it's only burping (without nausea, vomiting or pain) then it's a benign symptom in nature most of the times.
I hope I've helped!
Contact me again, if you'd like further details.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Prescribed with omeprazole for gerd bloating and excessive burping remedy
- Indigestion burping excess saliva
- Excessive burping during period
- Excessive saliva and burping with a cold
- Is there a solution to excessive burping
- Why does a person burp
- Excessive burping in elderly
- Lump in throat excess burping
- Burping in the elderly and alzheimers
- Elderly patient excessive gas and burping