Suggest remedy for erectile dysfunction when diagnosed with enlarged prostate

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Men's Health
Question: I am currently 63years old and have type 2 diabetes, and and enlarged prostate which are both being by my physician. I also suffer with erectile dysfunction and I'm not ready to give up on a physical relationship with my wife. I have used both Viagra and Cialis in the past but they don't seem to work for me any more, aside from being just stupid expensive. I really hope you have some suggestions for getting my XXXXXXX back.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can have trial of Intra Cavernosal Injection of Caverjet .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have Diabetes and Enlarged prostate and have problem of Erectile Dysfunction .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Is your diabetes under control ?
2) Have you done blood test for Serum Testosterone levels ?

Problem of Erectile dysfunction at this age is due to reduced testosterone levels and generalized atherosclerotic changes in blood vessels that also involves penile artery
carrying arterial blood to erectile tissue .

Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis
1) Serum Testosterone levels
2) Color Doppler Ultrasound Scanning of penis .

If your ED is detected to be due to vasculogenic in origin ans as Viagra or Cialis do not work for you ,the best treatment option to achieve hard erection would be to take Intra Cavernosal injection of Alprostadil (Caverjet) .

Please discuss this with your Urologist .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil