Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for erection problems

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I have been not getting erection in the morning and rarely throughout the day over the last 2 months. the only time I get erected is during masturbation. I don't know if prolong erections, when my girlfriend was around with making out without and intercourse has caused any problems. I have been on the internet and have scared myself. I'm a 34 year old with a little high blood pressure. 134/84.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is not mandatory that one should get morning erection evryday

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
You are not getting morning erection everyday and during day time .

It is not mandatory that one should get morning erection everyday .

Erection is a very complex processes that involves Psychological system ,nervous system and vascular system where psychological stimuli audio visual stimuli trigger nervous system which carries signals from the brain via sympathetic system to the arterioles in erectile tissue of penis to relax which get filled up with blood to cause hard erection .In short it is mandatory to get sexually aroused to cause erection this does happen with tactile sensation and audio visual sensation when one comes in contact with female partner or by manual stimulation of genital(Penis) as happens during masturbation .

All the problem that you have are psychogenic in nature and will get resolved once you start getting engaged in sexual activities with female partner routinely .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.