Suggest remedy for diarrhoea in a child
pediatrician he told its stomach infection gave enterogermina and zifra. He told it will take 4 to 5 days to cure. but still he hasn't recovered. still loose motion continues and he is not eating anything. today morning when he pooped observed some red and black particles enclosed is picture of the same. very concerned about this. can u please suggest what to do further
needs stool test and ultrasound abdomen
Thanks for writing to us.
I have seen the attached pictures.
Based on your description and the pictures there are two possibilities
A. Bacterial dysentery.
B. Intususception where intestine goes into itself causing blood in stools.
The first one can be treated easily with a course of antibiotics like ofloxacin.
The second one needs more intensive urgent treatment like saline reduction.
To identify which is causing the symptoms get stool routine test and ultrasound abdomen as quickly as possible.
Wishing your child speedy recovery.
visit any pediatric hospital
I am from XXXXXXX
I am not aware of pediatricians in your area.
I would suggest not to delay and visit any nearby pediatric hospital like cloudnine etc.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Child suffering from diarrhoea stool test done any suggestion
- Severe diarrhoea suspecting benign ibs suggestions
- Child with vomiting with diarrhoea is it fifth disease
- Child complaining of backpain has diarrhoea what could it be
- Child with diarrhoea and dehydration chances of celiac disease
- Child with frequent cold and diarrhoea reason
- Child complaining stomach cramping vomited and had diarrhoea suggestion
- Child with high fever and diarrhoea and stomach pain
- Child having vomitting diarrhoea lost apetite prescribed medicines suggestions
- Child with abdominal pain and diarrhoea with mucus solution