Suggest remedy for cough and cold during pregnancy

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi i am 13wks pregnant.i hv running nose spclly at morning.i hv a tendency of getting cold and cough during season change.wht should i do now?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello mam, thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is common in changing season so take following Precautions -
- avoid cold water and cold beverages
- avoid spicy and fried stuff
- take tablet cetrizine 10 mg twice a day for 3 days (safe in pregnancy)
But in case it persists or you start having throat pain or cough then visit your doctor as you might need an antibiotic for cure.
All the best.
Dr Manisha
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 16 minutes later
Thanks dr.I hv a breathing prob in winter.is it harmful for my baby?wht shld i do in dis situation as winter getting start.
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Asthmatic component

Detailed Answer:
I think you have asthamatic component and thus allergic to changing weather and cold so you will need just protection from cold by sitting in warm room and wearing proper clothes especially muffler and cap.
Cetrizine can be taken as well in case of need as it is totally safe for both mother and baby.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 27 minutes later
Ok thank u dr.i will surely follow dis
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
welcome dear

Detailed Answer:
Welcome dear.
In case you have any questions in future you can contact me directly on http://bit.ly/drmanishajain