Suggest remedy for bloated feeling and low appetite

Dr. Ashish Verma

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 26 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi I have been feeling bloated recently and has no appetite when I am having any meal. I encounter frequent flatulence and burping. At times the burp smells like rotten food (is it a sign of ingestion?). Before a meal, I will feel nausea. After a meal, the same feeling will come back and more intense. It doesn't matter what I eat, every time before meal, the thought of food makes me feel a little nausea and starts burping more. At times the burping gets "stucked" at my throat and when I try to force it out, I will feel nausea too. These has been bothering me for at least 2 weeks.
I often feel pain at the sides of my upper abdomen after meals. And it will only be gone after much flatulence and burping or just lying on my sides. This has been occuring for at least a month.
I do not have constipation and do have slight irregular menstruation.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
looks like gastritis

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthcareMagic.

I have read your query and understand your concern.

These symptoms can be due to gastritis.

And for that i would suggest that you take a course of a PPI tablet like pantaprazole or omeprazole for 2-3 days. If the symptoms improve, continue it for a couple of weeks.

Also you need to avoid tea, coffee, soda drinks, and spicy foods, as these will make your gastritis worse.

It it dosen't improves, you should see a local doctor for a clinical examination and a ultrasound scan of your abdomen will be very helpful.

Hope I have been helpful.

Dr. Ashish Verma

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Ashish Verma 12 hours later
is there a difference between gastric and gastritis? oh and I noticed that I always have dry mouth even after drinking plenty of water. It may be partle due to the nature of my work (a teacher) but I have never felt thirsty so often.
Answered by Dr. Ashish Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
yes they are same

Detailed Answer:

Gaatric and gastritis refer to same disease. Gastritis is the correct word.

Dryness of mouth is a sign of dehydration. Drink plenty of water.

Dr. Ashish Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju