Suggest remedy for abdominal pain and blood in stool

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: I have abdominal pain with a Littel bright red blood in my last bowel movement
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to hcm

Detailed Answer:
these symptoms are common and nonspecific and it is not easy to verify exact diagnosis without further tests. however, most commonly this is caused by benign conditions such as hemorrhoids, colon polyps or angiodysplasie. more serious diagnoses are inflammatory bowel diseases and most serious such as tumors are last thing to think of at your age. I suggest to check your rbc now, and if values are fine,you dont have to be worried. if rbc is low or pain and blood in stool persist for 1-2weeks, I suggest to do colonoscopy. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards