• question-icon

Suggest remedies for sore throat and dry cough

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi. This can be a general question but I paid for a specialist's answer this month so I appreciate the advice.
I have had a sore throat for three days now and it's turned into a nasty cough. Mostly dry. I can't sleep and it's very annoying.
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably suffering from the pharyngitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi Ma'm,
I have gone through your question and understand your concern; it suggest that most probably you maybe suffering from the acute pharyngitis.

I would like to suggest that you may take
1. Antibiotic such as Azithromycin 500mg once a day.
2. Tablet Fexofenadine 120mg once a day.
3. Antacid and anaesthetic gel(Syp DIGECAINE) 10 ml thrice a day.
4. Antibacterial gargles i.e. Chlorhexidine 3 times a day
5. Avoid cold drinks, cold water and ice cream.

Please continue the above mentioned medicine for atleast five days after consulting with your doctor if condition not improved then I would also like to suggest that you have to go for throat swab and culture sensitivity and laryngoscopic examination of throat.

Dr Hariom Sharma, MS, XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist