Suggest treatment for cold, chills and fever while on Tylenol

Posted on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: on wednesday night i started to not feel so good i was ok on thursday but when thursday night came around i felt really cold with chills and body aches. i had a fevfer of 100 . again on friday i seemed to feel a bit better but now my throat hurts and i have 100 fever i keep taking tylenol and my body is getting really sweaty ... what shall i do what shall i take waht is this ? i also have green mucus with blood coming out and sinus presurre
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
An acute sore throat with sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query,

From the complaints you are probably suffering from acute pharyngitis and sinusitis.

It would be better if you send me the picture of the throat so that I can suggest you better. Also, please get an X-ray paranasal sinuses done.

You may need to take antibiotics, tablet Cefixime 200 twice daily and take anti-allergic tablet Levocetirizine plus Pseudoephedrine twice daily.

Put Xylometazoline nasal drops three times a day.
Do Hexidine gargles and take Paracetamol (OTC) for fever.

All the medicines suggested by me will be available only on prescription.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks and regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist