Suggest remedies for severe pain on the left side of ribs

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 27 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: I have severe pain on my left side between my last rib and the crest of my pelvic bone. It wraps slightly to the front and slightly to the back. I do not have a gallbladder. What do you think might be causing this?
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..

How was your day?

Hope this message finds you in good health.

I have gone through your query in detail and understand your concern.

The pain site you are describing is related to either kidney or some other organ may be causing a radiating pain in that region e.g - nerves related to ribs, muscle strains, fibromyalgia etc..
What i personally feel is,if the pain is severe,it may most probably be a renal calculus- i.e a kidney stone.

primarily,get a usg done immediately to rule it out.
Take analgesics,anti spasmodics till then. Hot fomentation should help

will be glad if you could share the reports with me once you are done with the investigations

You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.

I hope your question has been answered.

Feel free to consult me anytime for follow-up queries. Take care,God bless.
Wish you a healthy life : )

If you do not have any clarifications,you can close the discussion.

Kind Regards..
Dr Mahaveer Patil, (MBBS,MS,Mch)

-     If you were satisfied and happy with my answer ,PLEASE RATE THIS ANSWER AND LEAVE YOUR SINCERE FEEDBACK .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng