Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest remedies for sacroiliac problems in right leg and joints

Answered by
Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 1209 Questions

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have sacroiliac problems with my right leg and it is starting to affect my whole body with pain in all the joints. I also have Fibromyalgia.

Do you know any Doctors in the Orange County area of NY that can handle such a case?
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
query answered

Detailed Answer:
Hope this message finds you in good health.
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I generally see many cases like this at my clinic and have found out that such cases are generally related to multiple joint diseases like arthopathies that affect almost all the joints in the body,sooner or later.
The problem is actually in the blood that affects the synovial fluids in all the joints.

As far as the treatment part is concerned, for pain relief cortisone is the most potent pill that can be prescribed,though it has temporary effects.
Taking for long term period can affect your kidneys,liver and almost our whole immune system. So be careful while using it for prolonged periods.
You can always use safer analgesics available in the market.
There a few analgesic skin patches available that have to be pasted on the skin and they deliver pain relief for almost 5 days at a stretch.
Though i have no idea of any doctors in your area,I can surely suggest you to consult a good rheumatologist.

You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.     
I hope your question has been answered.
If you have any follow-up queries,feel free to consult me anytime.
Thanks,Take care,God bless. Wish you a healthy life : )

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Prolonged periods

doctor1 MD

a couple months ago, my left shoulder was very painful....then about two months ago, the pain moved to my right shoulder and arm. Now, I can't lift...

doctor1 MD

left leg upper thigh soreness sometimes times radiating down the outside of leg to ankle. brought on more with jogging and standing for...

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, Over the last week or so I have noticed that I have been getting pain when playing video games. Specifically, in my right hand the...

doctor1 MD

see i ve been on my period for a month n a half now n me n bf had sex while am on my period then he nutted in my am wondern can u get...

doctor1 MD

Hi. I am 47 years old and have been having irregular periods for the last 2-3 years. Mostly they don t come on time or don t come at all. When they...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I usually have a regular period every 28 days that last for 4-5 days. I am currently on my period but it came 5 days early and I m now into...

doctor1 MD

I have had regular periods since I stared getting my cycle. I am now 44 & for the fisrt time I got 2 periods this month. My cycle usually only last...