Suggest remedies for sacroiliac problems in right leg and joints

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 22 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have sacroiliac problems with my right leg and it is starting to affect my whole body with pain in all the joints. I also have Fibromyalgia.

Do you know any Doctors in the Orange County area of NY that can handle such a case?
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
query answered

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Hope this message finds you in good health.
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I generally see many cases like this at my clinic and have found out that such cases are generally related to multiple joint diseases like arthopathies that affect almost all the joints in the body,sooner or later.
The problem is actually in the blood that affects the synovial fluids in all the joints.

As far as the treatment part is concerned, for pain relief cortisone is the most potent pill that can be prescribed,though it has temporary effects.
Taking for long term period can affect your kidneys,liver and almost our whole immune system. So be careful while using it for prolonged periods.
You can always use safer analgesics available in the market.
There a few analgesic skin patches available that have to be pasted on the skin and they deliver pain relief for almost 5 days at a stretch.
Though i have no idea of any doctors in your area,I can surely suggest you to consult a good rheumatologist.

You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.     
I hope your question has been answered.
If you have any follow-up queries,feel free to consult me anytime.
Thanks,Take care,God bless. Wish you a healthy life : )

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj