• question-icon

Suggest remedies for persistent lower back and knee pain

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have managed lower back pain since 19 years old from injury. I'm 71 now with degenerative bone disease in lower back. I use my massage chair and chiropractor.
Now, I have constant pain on right side from lower back to right knee. I'm afraid it's disk trouble. Pain is not a ten but with Percocet I still can't sleep. It's 3AM. I think it will finally settle down; but what can I do until then. I can always go to orthorpedic later; but what is protocol until then. I'm a kidney transplant since 2012 so no NSAIDS.
I have some Percocet if recommended for time to see if it gets better.

Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is disc pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hi , I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
If you are having severe pain at this time, Please take a muscle relaxant and Percocet. Do a hot fomentation of back also.
Please consult an orthopedic surgeon ASAP.
Thanx for the question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon