Suggest remedies for lack of concentration

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Fri, 7 Apr 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I can't concentrate, i can hear a sound like i am locked in a vacant place. This is very prominent to the right side of my ear
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You need a complete ENT/cardiac/neurological check up as explained below

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for the health problems you are going through.

Hearing sounds like being locked in a vacant place are indicating possible problems to your inner ear. I agree you should go for an ECG to rule out brain issue together with a good neurological examination.

Furthermore, ENT examination is also recommended as well as some blood tests like:
- complete blood count to rule out anemia
- CRP, ERS, rheumatoid factor, ANA for arthritis of the ear bones and/or vertebral spine (spondyloarthrosis).
- check your blood sugar and blood pressure
- Doppler ultrasound of the blood vessels in your neck

As you report to have high cholesterol, following a diet low in cholesterol and low in calories can help reduce your cholesterol levels; your body weight and that feeling in your ears. Extra calories and blocked blood vessels of the neck can also make you feel that sound.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Dr.Albana