Suggest remedies for fever in an infant
Pls. suggest the right medicine for her.
Seems to be a viral infection
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through the details and understand your concern. Most often such symptoms are due to viral infections and antibiotics are ineffective in such cases. If ibugesic plus is not effective in bringing down the temperature, you need to use Meftal-P [mefenamic acid] which is more effective. Also use tepid sponging. Giving some antiallergic like cetirizine will take care of the allergic reactions which are often associated. Taxim-O is an antibiotic and although antibiotics are not helpful in viral infection, you should complete the course in order to avoid development of antibiotic resistance.
Please be patient, it should spontaneously resolve in 5-7 days.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Dengue fever viral fever will an infant s stamina improve
- Ayurvedic remedies for infant fever
- Suggest treatments for scarlet fever or glandular fever
- Infant with fever and chills
- Fever pustules on face fever blister suggestions
- Suggest remedies for sore throat no fever and no cough
- Fever and grey stool in infant
- Typhoid fever in infants
- Headache and fever please suggest remedy
- Yellow fever of newborn infant
- Suggest treatment for autism spectrum disorder
- What causes loose stools post cesarean operation?
- Suggest treatment for rash on a 4 yr old
- What do light colored skin patches on thigh indicate?
- Suggest treatment for fever and sore throat in a child
- What causes swelling in head of an infant?
- Can Taxim O Forte and Vizylac be given together?
- Suggest treatment for anorectal malformation in a down syndrome child
- What causes vomiting after feeding breast milk?
- Suggest treatment for persistent high fever