question-icon

Suggest remedies for cough, mucus in chest, throat pain, cold and running nose

Posted on Wed, 20 Jul 2016
Question: Only sputum(bulghum) in chest, Cough, Throat pain & Cold running nose. Also sound coming, bulghum come in mouth.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
There is need to continue cough syrup and sinarest for four more days

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

From the available description there is high possibility of upper respiratory infection which takes about one week to clear despite taking treatment. In most cases the need for antibiotic is only three days which is already complete after three days of azithromycin use.

I feel since cough and sputum is still present there is need to continue the antihistamins which are present in both used cough syrup as well as Sinarest. This will also help you in wheezing (sound from the chest). As said above there is need of one week treatment and out of which three days already completed so it is advisable to continue sinarest and cough syrup for next four days.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.
Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist