Suggest remedies for constant insomnia caused by depression
See psychiatrist, medicine plus lifestyle changes will help
I have gone through your query.
In one sentence if you want me to answer your question, I would say yes, definitely you need to see doctor, preferably a psychiatrist for counselling and for the prescription of medicine. Psychiatrists assess possibility of depression on basis of questionaires and examination.
A total of 6-8 hrs of sleep/day is usually enough. Many research suggests, Insomnia can lead to a very specific type of hopelessness, and hopelessness by itself is a powerful predictor of suicide. Sleep medicines can be tried for short term under supervision of doctor. Sleep hygiene is to be followed. Combating depression and anxieties with breathing techniques and meditation may also help induce sleep.
Addressing depression may solve most of your symptoms. Psychiatrist after his assessment may start a good antidepressant. There are many good molecules present which can be taken safely- escitalopram or sertraline or desvenalafaxine. You should take either of them. None of them gives sedation , so can be taken in.morning after breakfast. These are prescription based agent you should see doctor to get it.
Apart from medications, it is essential that you too make some effort to come out of depressive state by trying the following measures:-
1. avoid being alone : keeping a good company helps our thoughts to be away from bad and sorrowful ones.
2. get up in morning by 6am: go for a jog or brisk walk after having some milk/ fruit or something which you can take ( avoid running empty stomach)
3. take more of salads and green veggies- they produce calmness
4. talk about your problem.issues with a well wisher or to whom you are close. It is always useful to share ---the healing speed up!
5. sprouts have natural substances which produces calmness in mind
6. avoid tea/ coffee and any other substance of abuse- they increase the problem in such conditions.
This provisional advice provided by me is based entirely on the input provided to me. I would suggest examination by the doctor.
I hope this suggestion might be of some help to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does seroquel used for insomnia also help depression
- Does irritability, depression or anxiety signify insomnia?
- I get a weird form of insomnia and depression
- Hearing voices insomnia depression
- Does mucinex intake cause depression and insomnia
- Suggest treatment for insomnia caused due to depression and hypertension
- Had insomnia loss of apetite took medicines having depression suggestions
- Depression insomnia anxiety
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and depression
- What can be done to treat alcoholism depression and insomnia