Suggest natural remedies for tinnitus

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Question: Dear sir,
My ringing ears getting worse. Which Doctor should I see ? My ear Doctor tried to give me a special hearing device. I want to be healed natural way. Should I go to see the brain Doctor ?

May God bless you always,

XXXX
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to age related degenerative changes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. You have developed tinnuitus. Sensorineural degenerative changes, particularly due to senile degenerative processes, can give rise to such presentations as you have described. The organ of hearing lies in our inner ear (vestibulocochlear apparatus) and is also associated with the sense of balance. Vestibulocochlear stabilizing agents like cinnarizine or betahistine might be needed. You need to see an ENT specialist and discuss with him whether they would be right for you. I do not think that seeing a neurologist (brain doctor) would help. Nevertheless, you are free to see one.

An audiometry needs to be done to understand the exact nature of the problem. You need to understand that body parts age and your machineries are ageing too. Such degenerative changes are hard to fix, let alone through 'natural processes'. You have developed it in 79 years. You may take another 79 years for it to subside naturally. I do not suppose that you have that much time. Pardon me if I have stated bluntly.

Let me know if I could help further.