Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
161 Doctors are Online

Suggest natural remedies for tinnitus

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4152 Questions
Dear sir,
My ringing ears getting worse. Which Doctor should I see ? My ear Doctor tried to give me a special hearing device. I want to be healed natural way. Should I go to see the brain Doctor ?

May God bless you always,

Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Due to age related degenerative changes

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. You have developed tinnuitus. Sensorineural degenerative changes, particularly due to senile degenerative processes, can give rise to such presentations as you have described. The organ of hearing lies in our inner ear (vestibulocochlear apparatus) and is also associated with the sense of balance. Vestibulocochlear stabilizing agents like cinnarizine or betahistine might be needed. You need to see an ENT specialist and discuss with him whether they would be right for you. I do not think that seeing a neurologist (brain doctor) would help. Nevertheless, you are free to see one.

An audiometry needs to be done to understand the exact nature of the problem. You need to understand that body parts age and your machineries are ageing too. Such degenerative changes are hard to fix, let alone through 'natural processes'. You have developed it in 79 years. You may take another 79 years for it to subside naturally. I do not suppose that you have that much time. Pardon me if I have stated bluntly.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor