Suggest medicine to prepone periods

OBGYN
Question
Hello doctor, I am 29 yes old and I am getting married on 28th August. I usually get my periods delayed by 6-7 days every month. In july I got my periods on 17th and this time I want to prepporn my periods. Is there any medicine that can be taken to prepone my periods or shall I take medicine to postpone? If I need to postpone then for how long I can take medicines to postpone it as there will be rituals after marriage also. Thanks in advance.
Posted Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Soumya 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
OCP

Detailed Answer:

I read your query.

1) It is better to postpone your periods.

2) You can start having oral contraceptive pills ( OCP )prescribed from your doctor.

3) These pills can help to postpone the periods as well as provide contraception.

4) You can start OCP anytime now.

Let me know if you have any other difficulties.

regards,
Dr. Soumya