Suggest medication to induce periods while breast feeding

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I am 32year old. I just gave birth to baby boy on XXXXXXX 4th. I am breastfeeding the baby. Last month I got my periods on 27july. We have intercousre once and now I am waiting for my periods. But I don't feel any symptoms rather I feel drowsy and headache. Please give me a pills to get immediate periods
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Wait and watch for your menses.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I can understand your concerns.
In my opinion you should wait and watch for the menses.
If you missed your period by 7 days than get your home urine pregnancy test.
And you should take medication on the basis of your urine report.
Hope found useful, feel free to discuss more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 minutes later
I worried to delay because wat if the test shows positive . Only one time intercourse can also cause pregnancy right.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may not be pregnant.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Your period may be delayed due to breastfeeding also.
Stress may also delayed your menses,so please do not take any stress and wait for your menses.
Yes,one time unprotected sex can cause pregnancy but depends upon so many things and chances are quite low.
So please wait and watch without stress.
Everything will be fine.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 27 hours later
Hello dr. I got my periods today. I'm so happy that u have not suggest any tablet. If at all I get my periods because of tablet I will be in guilt life long that I committed sin. Thanks u so much and thanks for my almighty lord jesus who saved me from sin :-)
Brief Answer:
You are most welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
You are most welcome.
I am always here to help you.
In future if you have any issue,you can ask me directly through hcm.
If you have no further questions and wants to close the discussion kindly accept my answer before closing if found useful.
Thanks.
Good luck.