question-icon

Suggest Medication For Throat Infection Apart From Mucinex

Posted on Fri, 10 Nov 2017
Question: Query for Dr. XXXXXXX Aggarwal
Hi Doctor,
I still have the throat issue it is a deep yellowish phlem. Is there anything you could recommend I could take? I have tried Mussinex and its more in my throat not lungs.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (59 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Post nasal drip

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome again to HealthcareMagic
The continuous mucous in the throat is most commonly due to either a nasal pathology or pharyngitis.
You should get a xray paranasal sinuses done and send me the picture of your throat.
Take tablet levocetrizine plus psuedophedrine twice daily and tablet vitamins c once daily.
Continue with mucinex .
Take cefixime 200 twice daily.
Take all for a week.
All the medicine prescribed by me will be available only on prescription.
These will definitely help you with symptoms.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist