Suggest Medication For Sore Throat
Kid has sore throat , with cough. Please suggest a medicine for that.
Gurgling with lukewarm water should help
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Sore throat in children can be caused due to some viruses like Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) (causes mono), or some bacteria like Streptococcus (causes Strep throat). Irrespective of the cause, all you need to do is to gurgle with lukewarm water and recovery will occur in a week or so. If bacterial infection is suspected, antibiotics might need to be given. In case of pain, paracetamol or acetaminophen might need to be given.
If cough or nasal discharge is present it is advisable to give some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for next few days. If your child is otherwise active and playful, I would not be concerned. If not, it would be a good idea to visit a doctor and to get the child evaluated.
Please be patient. Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hurts to swallow only at night tongue slightly sore
- Itchy rash after flu and now sore
- I fell on my knee a week ago and its still sore
- Menstrual cycle is very light and lower back is sore
- My jaw near my ear is really sore
- Labia majora bumps itchy sore
- Jumped and landed on foot now my ankles sore
- Lump in ball sack sore
- Lump in eyeball and red n sore
- Sore throat coughing up blood weak tired and sore