question-icon

Suggest medication for panic attacks and depression

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016
Question: I have panic Attacks and major depression, and by polar what are the best meds
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

The best medication for bipolar depression and panic attacks are a combination of a mood stabilizer (lithium or valproate or lamotrigine) and an antidepressant (such as escitalopram or sertraline). This will simultaneously treat depression and panic. Furthermore, in the short term for panic attacks, using a benzodiazepine such as lorazepam for no more then 4-6 weeks while the antidepressant kicks in can rapidly help with panic. With this treatment you will feel better!

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private link below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private link: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist