Suggest medication for depression that does not cause weight gain
My email is YYYY@YYYY . I have also tried Geodon but no weight loss. Rexulti the same. Wellbutrin and my head felt really sick
consider a weight loss physician
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is understandable to upset about the weight gain.
There are medications that can cause weight gain. Weight gain occurs by --(1) increasing appetite (2) decreasing metabolism (3) decreasing energy and activity level (4) decreasing fullness or satiety
You have tried the use of meds to help with weight loss, I am sorry that they were not effective or caused side effects.
Unfortunately there is a little that can be done regarding metabolism (unless related to low levels of thyroid hormone- this should be checked) or fullness but it is possible to address appetite and activity.
Because energy level may be decreased, you would need to consciously schedule exercise into your regimen, at least 150 mins a week, in at least 5 days.
Replacing 1 or 2 of your meals with a meal replacement would be helpful. A fixed meal replacement may help with weight loss.
If this is not an option then you should consider seeing a nutritionist or a weight loss doctor (bariatrician) to see if one of these or a combination, would be able to assist you.
Seeing these specialist would be a good option for you
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest medication for headache leading to depression
- Medical conditions that cause depression
- Suggest medication for severe depression and fatigue
- Suggest medication for depression and body pain
- Suggest medication for depression with nose bleed
- Suggest medication for depression
- Depression medication causing problems with sexual life suggestions
- Hyperthyroid under medication with weight gain and depression
- Taking mirtazapine for depression weight gain due to medication
- Suggest medication for depression and anxiety