Suggest medication for diarrhea
Take treatment as adviced below.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query,
As per your query ways to control loose stools are-
Use of over the counter medication such as bismuth subsalicylate and loperamide can help reduce the symptoms of diarrhea.
Loperamide 2mg can be taken as stat dose (just once).
Anti secretory agents like Racicadotryl 100mg can be taken thrice daily. It is much safer then loperamide.
Avoid Dehydration by drinking a lot of water and potassium rich juice. Maintaining electrolyte balance is very important. Drink one glass of juice after every stool.
Eat Probiotics.- Probiotic yogurt can be taken. It can shorten the length of diarrhea symptoms.
Try the BRAT (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast)Diet.
Metamucil husk can be taken 2tsf twice daily.
A stool microscopy test should be done to see if there is bacterial or protozoal infection. Short term therapy with antibiotics an be given in that case.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suffering from ibs and diarrhea suggest medication
- What is the suggested medication for diarrhea and vomiting
- Suggest medication for sickness and diarrhea
- Suggest medication for diarrhea with no fever and good appetite
- Need medication for diarrhea
- Drugs/medication for Diarrhea
- Diarrhea and vomiting need medication
- Suggest medication for diarrhea nausea and abdominal pain
- Diarrhea frequent stools a number of times suggest medication
- Suggest medication for diarrhea