• question-icon

Suggest homeopathic remedies for severe cholesteatoma

Posted on Mon, 13 Jun 2016 in Homeopathy
Question: My nephew is facing severe cholesteatoma, is there any remedy in homeo?
Apollo XXXXXXX doctors suggestion to for urgent surgery but not sure about post surgical complications.
we are having CT scan and MRI report
Should i send these
Wil u help us and save our nephew
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
complications will arise if left untreated.

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting the AYUSH section of Alternative Medicine and going by the age [20 years] following is/are recommended guidelines:

1. As cholesteatoma usually occurs as a complication of repeated middle ear infection [acute on chronic mastoiditis present in history] and they never go away with natural methods/treatment and since is causing irregular destruction of nearby bones thus giving importance to his AGE I strongly suggest you to underwent surgery and thereafter one can start with the alternative medicine for allaying the undesirable effects of modern medicines.

PS. since if not resurrected early it will lead to loss of hearing and persistent foul smelling discharge from ear, and good thing is that it is non cancerous

2. It is not the post surgical complications but the complications that will arise if it is left untreated like: brain abscess, meningitis, facial weakness, swelling of inner ear.

3. If still not willing to go for surgery then you may ask for 'aural toilet' which involves washing of the ear canal and taking out the debris with microscope but has to be done regularly.

Dr. Munish
Consultant & physician
Naimittika
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak
Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist