Suggest home remedies for hiccups
Persistent hiccups. Requires to be investigated
Welcome to HCM and thanks for your query.
Any condition that irritates the diaphragm can cause hiccups.Hiccups that last longer than 48 hours are called persistent hiccups.There are many known causes of persistent including:
Central nervous system problems, such as cancer, infections, stroke, or injury.
Problems with the chemical processes that take place in the body (metabolic problems), such as decreased kidney function or hyperventilation.
Irritation of the nerves in the head, neck, and chest (vagus or phrenic nerve).
Mental health problems.
Your doctor will investigate you to find the cause.
In the meantime you could try a proton pump inhibitor and metoclopramide or chlorpromazine for relief.
Dr Noble Zachariah
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Have acne and scars on face suggest home remedies
- Suggest home remedy for for mouth ulcer
- Suggest home remedies for healing gingivitis
- Suggest home remedies for treatment of boils
- Suggest home remedies to get rid of tan on hands
- Gas and irregular heart beat suggest home remedy
- Suggest home remedies for uti
- Suffering from hair fall suggest home remedy
- Suggest some home remedies for common cold
- Using betnovate for pimples suggest home remedies
- Can hepatitis C be cured?
- Does tonsillitis cause systemic infection or UTI?
- Suggest treatment for liver cirrhosis
- What causes pain in right side and pain radiating to lower back?
- What causes sharp pain in rib cage below shoulder blade?
- What causes rhythmic contraction of the diaphragm?
- What is the treatment for radiculopathy?
- Is Zentel to be taken before or after a meal?
- What causes pain in upper abdomen radiating to left side?
- How long Lupron injections need to be continued for prostate cancer?