Suggest contraceptives to prevent pregnancy

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hii we had sex on 20 feb 72 hours have passed wht should I do now? Should I give her a contraceptive pill or not??

Yes her last dates occurred on 5 feb and usual cycle length is 28 - 31 days
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
Date of her last periods

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear thanks for trusting health care magic
I would like to know the date of her last periods and her usual cycle length to advise you better
Dr Manisha

Brief Answer:
Give her emergency pill

Detailed Answer:
Yes sir she should give her tablet for emergency contraception at the earliest.
All the best
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 18 minutes later
how can I make sure she's is not pregnant please I don't want her to be at risk?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wait for periods after pill intake

Detailed Answer:
Give her emergency pill and wait for periods and if periods come naturally then nothing to worry
In case periods get delayed then do a pregnancy test which if negative then nothing to worry
All the best

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy