Suggest antibiotics for nasal cartilage infection

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Sat, 4 Apr 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: which antibiotic is best for nasal cartilage infection
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I will recommend that you get a culture for this to be determined.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this infection and the side effect you have developed to levaquin. The best way would be to do a culture of a specimen from this infection site, identify the germ and determine what antibiotics are able to kill the germs. This is called culture and sensitivity testing. In this way, we would be sure of what you are getting and the expected results. Having taken a broad spectrum antibiotic like levaquin, I will not want us to keep on guessing on what the next best antibiotic for you is.

In all, get an antibiotic testing and sensitivity and we would use this as guiding for further prescriptions. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.