Suggest an over the counter medicine for sinus infection
unfortunately an antibiotic would require a prescription from your doctor
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Sinus allergies or infections can cause a blocked sensation in the ear, this is generally because they can affect a passage way called the eustachian tube. Blocked feeling/decreased hearing can also occur if there is excess wax in the ear or an infection in the ear.
An antibiotic would help if there is an infection of the ear or the sinuses but antibiotics would not be over the counter, you would need a prescription from your doctor.
In terms of other treatment for sinus congestion, you would need to continue the anti histamines and decongestant.
The XXXXXXX seltzer has a decongestant and antihistamine, this should be continued.
The 4 way spray should be used for no more than 5 days because it can cause rebound congestion.
A steroid nasal spray maybe helpful eg nasonex, nasocort, rhinocort, flonase.
If you are still using the oral decongestant, antihistamine, steroid spray and having problems, your doctor can add the antibiotic for you if an infection is suspected.
If there is an excess wax, this can treated as well.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Strongest medicine for sinus infection
- Getting over sinus infection ears
- Suggest treatment for bronchitis and sinus infections
- What is the medicine for children with sinus infection
- Sinus infection taking coumadin phlegm and headache suggestion
- Suggest treatment for sinus infection
- Medicine for sinus infection
- Pseudomonas sinus infection
- Suggest treatment for acute sinus infection
- Does roxid medicine help sinus infection
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...