Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Suggest an alternative of operation for L5 and L4

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 517 Questions
Dear sir, please find the attachment oF MRI report. kindly suggest
Posted Tue, 25 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: nothing Detailed Answer: Hi I m dr Alok, pleased to answer your health related queries First of all, being a clinician, I would like to know why you went for MRI, means what are your complaints? Probably you have back pain, but your MRI report is totally nonspecific. This picture can be found in any person above 30-35 years of age. I want to know your problem? If you can tell in detail I will be better able to help. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest an alternative of operation for L5 and L4 1 hour later
I am suffering from back pain from last 1 month and MRI is done for sciatica and doctor is suggesting operation for L5 & L4 as u can see in report for the same. i want to know is there any other option available becz my age is 33 and i dont want to operate my spine. is any other information u need pls. let me know
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: no need for surgery at present Detailed Answer: Hi This finding is very common and L4-5 vertebra is commonly involve. But this does not mean that every one is required surgery. You need to be evaluated clinically by a competent physician (rheumatologist or neurologist) to find out the extent of illness. MRI is just for help, not for the plan for surgery. First I would like to find out whether your back pain is related to MRI finding or not. If mri finding is consistant to your back pain, then, being a rheumatologist , I would like to prescribed you physiotherapy and medicines and wait to see the response If not improved, again, injection at diseased site may be a option
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest an alternative of operation for L5 and L4 37 minutes later
sir i cant seat on chair more than 10 -15 mins. pain is too much neither i am able to seat nor stand. and my job is seating job wht should i do now in this condition. kindly suggest for urgent soluton .
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 8 hours later
Brief Answer: see a neurologist or rheumatologist Detailed Answer: Does your pain spread to legs also? If yes, then it is rediculopathy, medical treatment is available. If pain is not spread, remains there, even then muscle relaxants can help. I advice you to see a neurologist or rheumatolologist as soon as possible. I am sure you will have a solution to this problem after the consultation. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest an alternative of operation for L5 and L4 3 hours later
yes I have pain in my right leg &it is too much even my right leg is getting less sensitive . I have consulted with neuro. he only suggested for operation.
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: take a second opinion Detailed Answer: Hi Have you seen a neurosurgeon or neurophysician? See a neurophysician, if not. I also want to take two opinion before proceeding to surgery Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest an alternative of operation for L5 and L4 45 minutes later
its neuro surgeon
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: see a neurophysician or rheumatologist Detailed Answer: Hi As I told you earlier, you need to see a neurophysician or rheumatologist. Surgeon have high tendency for surgery...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor