question-icon

Suggest alternative of Penicillin and Succincocholine

Posted on Sat, 12 Jul 2014
Question: Hello - thank you! My son is allergic to penicillin and succincocholine, an anesthesia. I'm trying to find any other drugs that he should not take that may be a derivative of succincocholine.
Thank you!
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Girija Kumari (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
always take test dose before cephalosporin group

Detailed Answer:

Decamethonium is the succinyl choline group of drugs which should not be used in patients allergic to succinyl choline, but these is not used and banned in anaesthesia.

Be carefull with cephalosporin group of drugs always take test dose as you are allergic to pencillin.

I hope this suffices. Would be welcome to answer you further

Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Girija Kumari

Anesthesiologist