Suffering with dull stomach ache after eating and at night, it is not regular. Suggest?

Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I have been suffering with Dull stomach ache after eating and at night around 3/4 am from past 3 weeks, it is not regular.
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

Abdominal pain with nocturnal awakening could be due to peptic ulcer disease.
An upper GI endoscopy may be done for evaluation of your symptoms.

If ulcer is found on endoscopy, then you may have get tested for H.pylori infection and if positive, should get treated with antibiotics followed by medications for ulcer.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini