Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Suffering from viral fever. Treated with cifran and imol. Having slight itching sensation all over body. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
My wife 56 years old. last 4 days suffering from viral fever. treated with CIFRAN and IMOL. fever has come down. now normal. But she has slight itching sensation all over the body. I have given half tablet ALERID. Can I also give DECDAN tablet? She has taken dinner. It is bed time now 11.30PM in india. TY for the anticipated response. She is about to sleep now. The query is about giving a medicine now. Can I get a response now pl.? instead of 24 hrs later.


Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes sir, you may

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

My sincere apologies for the delay. Decdan is a steroid that is usually prescribed to prevent any inflammation. Prescribed in different conditions, even allergic reactions. It can be given to your wife as well, as she is experiencing itching which will result in slight inflammation of her skin.

But, I would like to add that if she has a viral infection, her liver could be affected, which could be causing the itching (called pruritus), in such a scenario steroid creams would be better, but you can use the steroid pill as well. So please go ahead.

Other remedies to relieve the itch are:
-Moisturizing creams/lotions
-Soaking in lukewarm water
-Use humidifier in the room
-Comfortable loose clothing
-Cold compress or ice on affected region

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. Wishing your wife a speedy recovery.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor