Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suffering from triglycerides problem due to stress. Curable? Fertile? Chances of offspring getting it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Hi Doctor,
One of my friend is getting married to a girl, her age 28 yrs and is suffering from Triglycerides problem. Guess she has developed it due to high stress levels recently. Her parents has this problem as well and says it's probably he hereditary .

1.     Will this problem cause any other complications in future
2.     Is it curable and how?
3.     Will she be able to give birth to a baby without problems
4.     Is there a chance even her child might get it?
Appreciate your advice in this regard

Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 29 minutes later
Thanks for the query.
Triglycerides is a type of fat found in the blood.
In few cases high levels of triglycerides run in families.
High levels are generally found in people
Taking high calories 
In obese people
Poorly controlled diabetes
Taking lot of alcohol
People taking medications like 
Steroids,beta blockers,birth control pills,estrogen etc.

This condition is very much curable by adopting
Diet changes and lifestyle modifications 
Avoiding junk foods and colas
Regularly exercising and keeping yourself trim
Avoiding sweets 
If the blood levels of triglycerides are very high,you can consult your doctor for the prescription of medicine.
She can give birth to a normal baby.
Since her parents had it,her child can also have it.
Last if she smokes or drinks,she must quit it.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor