Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Suffering from painful external piles. Advised enzymic firte for recurrent blood clot. What is permanent cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
Dear doctor, I am been suffering painful external piles for depcades. Doctors advise to not treat through surgery because of the post operative paise effects. Recentlly, I have developed a blood clot at the pile spot just at the entrance to the anous. I was advised to take enzymic firte 1-1-1.5. It completely dissolved the clot. But then has resurfaces. Is there any permanent cure against recurrence of the blood co. For pain have been advised 2 percent xylocaine. Are there more effective treatment. Please advise. YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 6 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 5 hours later
Brief answer....given below Detailed answer.. Hello, Thanks for the query. I understand your problem but ideally you should be operated and external piles excised. Conservative treatment involves keeping your stool soft by increasing fibre in your diet,stool softners and increasing water intake and doing regular exercises. Other methods involved are regular SITZ BATH with warm water twice a day along with local anesthetic creams.But if these methods don't give desired results to a person,then best is to get operated. Consult a good surgeon and discuss with him regarding this. I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor