Suffering from narcolepsy. Taken methadone. No improvement. Cure?

Dr. Mohammed Kappan

Posted on Mon, 7 Jan 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Question: I have been with my doc for 25 years i go to refill on the two meds that I'm on and the doc says i cant see you anymore why it turns out he is under DEA sanctions and under high XXXXXXX bc/bs being droped as a provider. Now I have no doctor but he has given me methadone 40mg everyday for 10 years he also has me on Ritalin 400 mg perday for 5 years I do have chronic pain and severe narcolepsy I cannot find a doc who will take me when they see my records. I have tried over 9 docs no luck when I run of meds I am in serious trouble as are other patients. I have tried every inter vention Help help help
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 32 hours later

I understand the difficulty you are going through. I am sorry that none of your doctors are able to help you in time.

As a GP, I had discussed your condition with few neurologists here. They were of the opinion that you would require prolonged medication under the care of a doctor at your location. That is because, timely medication and refills becomes necessary. I am sorry that, it is not possible to prescribe any medication through this platform.

Hope I have been able to address your concern. If unsatisfied with the answer, please write to YYYY@YYYY .

Thank you

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan