Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suffering from minute hairline cracks on foreskin of penis, problem in urinating. Sugar and BP normal. Suggest?

Jun 2015
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2011
Answered : 3337 Questions
Sir, I am suffering some minute hairline cracks on my foreskin on the penis. I am 55 years old. Sugar and BP are in the entrance level only and are well under control. Because of this, I am facing little problem while urinating. Can you please suggest a solution Sir.
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Apply mild moisturiser+ anti fungal ointment

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your query.

The symptoms as mentioned in your post can be due to:
1. Fungal infection of the foreskin- seems to be the probable cause. It is most commonly seen in Diabetics (& in your post, you have given a history of Diabetes)
2. Posthitis (inflammation of the foreskin)
3. Dehydration/ loss of moisture (usually age related)

Symptomatic relief can be obtained with application of mild moisturizing agents & anti fungal ointments like Candida over the foreskin.

Also you need to follow certain measures:
1. Maintain good hygiene
2. Avoid sexual intercourse as long as the symptom persists
3. Avoid using soaps or shampoos for cleaning the foreskin & penile area.
4. Keep regular monitoring over the blood glucose levels
5. Maintain adequate hydration & nutrition status.

There is no need to worry, you will be fine.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor