Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Suffering from loose stools and stomach pain. Colonoscopy, endoscopy and biopsy normal. What is causing this?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1011 Questions
i have been suffering from loose stools(2-3 per day ) and stomach pain after eating for more than an year i have gone through colonoscopy and endoscopy .. and biopsy was also normal no colitis or crohn's .. i don't no why i am getting loose stools ..
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 2 days later
Dear friend.

Thanks for sharing your concern.

As per your reports attached, it shows, you have ulcerated mucosa in the entire colon(last part of large intestine before rectum).

Hyper acidity leads to such chronic conditions.Loose stools and stomach pain suggests towards GERD(Gastro intestinal reflux disease) intestinal ulcers or duodenal ulcers.

When do you feel the pain starts ?Is it before taking food or immediately after taking food?

AS far as infection in the oral cavity(mouth) is concerned.It cannot lead to congestion and inflammation of colon.

Can you please mention, if your salivary flow is adequate?Also please mention the condition of teeth?Have you ever visited dentist with problems of erosion or attrition of teeth?

In this case please see your gastroenterologist for further and detailed help.

your dentist can examine the mouth and see the symptoms like erosion of teeth due to acidity and mouth ulcers, and can surely help in reaching at a better diagnosis,but the confirmed diagnosis can be made only by your gastroenterologist.

Please be sure that any dental problem cannot affect your gastro intestinal tract to this extent,where ulcers start developing.It is due to acidity.

Please let me know for further query.


Take care.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor